What is Facebook Messenger Lite
A quick and data-efficient messaging program to get to your Facebook friends. Facebook Messenger Lite is basically a lighter and faster version of the most popular messaging program: Facebook Messenger. Facebook Messenger Lite offers:
- Installs quickly. It is less than 10MB to install, saving storage area on your phone.
- Simplifies info. It loads fast, runs efficiently and utilizes less cellular data.
- Works everywhere. Reach people when you are in a place with a slow or unstable online connection.
- Runs on many telephones. It’s possible to use it for Android phones form 2.3 (Gingerbread) or even higher.
With Facebook Messenger Lite, you can:
- Contact anybody Facebook Messenger, Facebook or even Facebook Lite.
- Watch when people are active and available to talk.
- Message people one-on-one or in classes to catch up or create plans.
- Send photographs, videos, and links, or express yourself with decals and emojis.
- Make voice calls for free over Wi-Fi (otherwise regular data charges apply). Talk as long as you need, even with folks in different nations!
Why Facebook Messenger Lite?
Facebook Messenger Lite is your messaging program not just for people on a restricted data character, but also for all those with limited patience for self-indulgent mobile programs. It simply gets the job done with no ceremony. It’s also given Android users like me a rare advantage over our iOS compatriots, as Facebook Messenger Lite is still available to your iPhone. The fascinating thing is that once (if?) It rolls out on the iPhone, Facebook’s lighter and Facebook Messenger may offer the ideal contest that iMessage has yet encountered to its stranglehold over iOS messaging.
The overall expression of the app has the exact overall UI as the appropriate Facebook Messenger, but also the feature has been stripped down to regular Facebook Messenger conversations, the capability to make Wi-Fi calls, send decals and picture attachments, and converse in class chats. There are not any in-chat games, automatic messaging solutions, or an option to update your standing with photos/videos that vanish after 24-hours.
It is the only real drawback is the fact that it’s incredibly bloated. In my own Moto E4 it weighs in at just under 60MB, making sense–not only does it get all of the messaging characteristics that you desire, additionally, it has audio and video calling (fine), chat thoughts (alright), also a Snapchat Story backup (why?) , games (not that you knew), and a lot more beneath the hood.
Luckily, Facebook has an alternative known as Facebook Messenger Lite. In my own Moto E4, it is just 6MB in size; just a lot of what the complete program is. Facebook Messenger Lite is designed to operate anywhere, but particularly on slow telephones on low quality mobile networks. Facebook Messenger Lite is just available on Android and Facebook has no current plans to deliver it to iOS.)
It only gets the basic features–you know the ones you care about in a messaging app. It’s possible to send and receive messages, pictures, voice notes, decals, and audio calls. The only things you can’t do this you will likely take care of sending videos and make video calls. In the screenshots below, routine Facebook Messenger is on the left and Facebook Messenger Lite is on the right.
By shooting out video features though, Facebook Messenger Lite utilizes a whole lot more bandwidth and can get on much worse relations. Additionally, it is a whole lot quicker to use on your cell phone. This likely won’t matter if you’ve obtained a high-end Android cellphone, but if you are on something similar to my Moto E4, the performance difference is noticeable.
How to Install Facebook Messenger Lite APK Files On Android
Facebook Messenger Lite APK stands for Android Package Kit and is the typical format used to distribute programs for Android. These instructions presume you would like to set up an app from a source besides the Google Play Store. See How to Download a Program from Google Play if you’d like help using the Google Play store.
Tips: Allowing Unknown Sources
- First, open your Android device’s settings
- Scroll down and tap Security. It is from the “Personal” section of this menu.
- Tap OK. Now you can install apps from sources outside the Google Play Store.
- Open an Internet browser on your device.
- Look for a Facebook Messenger Lite APK file. You can find the APK file right on our website.
- As an alternative, you can locate a Facebook Messenger Lite APK file on your computer and generate a QR code to automatically scan with your own Android device.
- Tap the download link to the file you need to install. When the download is finished, you’ll be given a notification in the Notification Bar.
- Click OK if you get a warning that the file could harm your device.
- It’s normally a button with a grid of dots ⋮⋮⋮ in the base of your screen.
- Tap File Manager.
- click Downloads.
- Tap the Facebook Messenger Lite APK file you downloaded.
- Tap INSTALL in the lower-right. The Facebook Messenger Lite APK document you downloaded will be installed on your device.
When you’ve got a diminished Android phone or are about a telephone plan with restricted information, Facebook Messenger Lite is an easy call. You lose a few features, but for the most part, the program is at least as excellent. You can even keep both installed onto your telephone to your few instances if you have to send a movie or make a video telephone.
When you have a higher end phone or an adequate data limit, then it’s a harder call. On general principle, I like Facebook Messenger Lite, since it is so lean and stripped down. However, I do use Facebook Messenger for video calls and also receive no less than a few videos a week for example messages. If you don’t utilize Facebook Messenger’s extra features, provide Facebook Messenger Lite a try and see if you want it. If you do, however, switching apps all the time will most likely annoy you over dismissing Facebook Messenger Day.